2' Infrared Asphalt Heater - RY2X2
FREE SHIPPING to most locations in Canada!
Pothole repairs are typically conducted during spring and summer. But with the RY2X2 Infrared Asphalt Heater, you can now do it in fall and winter.
The RY2X2 Infrared Asphalt Heater works by applying high heat to the damaged asphalt surface. Once it softens, it can be reworked manually using a rake and compacted using a tamper or a plate compactor. The result is a smooth surface that looks and feels like new.
You don't have to put away your asphalt maintenance equipment come winter when you have this heater. That means additional income for your company and higher profits all year long. Rework alligator cracks and potholes in parking lots in shopping malls, fast-food chains, hospitals, and more. You can also use this to repair driveways in ranches, farms, and residential properties.
- Greater savings for customers as only a tiny section of the pavement needs to be repaired. No need to replace a large section or get rid of the whole asphalt pavement that will put too big a dent in your customer's wallet.
- This heater covers an area of 24" x 24"—perfect for most potholes and alligator cracks.
- Its body is made of durable and corrosion-resistant 11-gauge steel.
- The heater cartridge is made of heavy-duty ceramic and stainless steel.
- Burner emits infrared rays up to 75,000 BTU/hr that softens the asphalt in 5 minutes or less. It results in greater efficiency, allowing you and your crew to work multiple potholes within a given day.
- The heater cartridge is enclosed within the machine. This design protects it from the elements, so you can work whether the sun's shining or when it's chilly and windy outside.
- Easily maneuverable unit that only weighs 40.9 kilograms.
Asphalt Patching Made Easy
The RY2X2 Infrared Asphalt Heater is so easy to operate that you or one of your crew can do it. Just turn the heater on, place it on top of the asphalt, and wait for several minutes for it to soften. The machine features heat-protected caster wheels that make it easy even for one person to move it around the driveway or parking lot and load it to the back of your truck afterward.
Handlebars can be adjusted for improved ergonomics, and it comes with a pressure gauge that allows you to monitor fuel flow as you work. Simply attach the regulator to the propane cylinder positioned on top of the unit, turn it on, and get ready to work.